SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP HAS CHANGED LOCATIONS
We may not be on campus together, but we can still worship as one body.
Join us live at 9:30 am online (https://business.facebook.com/collegestationtx/?business_id=634311283631336)
Pastor Clark is encouraging all members to continue their financial support through PayPal, Mail-in (https://www.pleasantgroveonline.com/f/docs/GIVING.html) or you can contact Pastor Clark or Deacon Thompson at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are always encouraged by the support of our Friends or Viewers in any particular kind of supportive way.
Please do your best to stay home as much as you can so that you do not cause yourself or anyone else any undue harm. We will keep you updated as information unfolds.
Let’s pray for one another during this critical time and our governmental leadership as decisions continue to be made concerning these challenging times.
Thank You and May God Bless You!
Reverend A.C. Clark, III (Pastor)
Links· Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Please to the Centers for Disease and Prevention for more information on the Coronavirus.
Galatians 6:10 - As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all [men], especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
The Benevolence Ministry fulfills the ministry of care and compassion. It offers prayer and provides financial aid to an individual or family who is in need on an urgent basis. We want to help the individual (s) with the most critical need. Priority will be given to PGBC members.
DEFINING BENEVOLENCE: Benevolence is a ministry of care and compassion that aids persons in times of need. The ministry of benevolence is rooted in the following biblical passages: Matthew 25:35-45; Acts 2:44-45; Galatians 2:10; 1 John 3:17-18
MEMBERSHIP: The Benevolence Ministry is composed of three members of the congregation recommended by the Pastor.
- Chairperson: Joann McCain
- Committee Members: Deacon Willie Creeks & Barbara Trussell
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Benevolence Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- Determine, organize, and administer a ministry of compassion that will assist persons in times of need.
- Aid with the following: a) food; b) clothing; c) lodging; d) funeral expenses (food & flowers only; e) medicine; g) other needs as appropriate.
- Receive and process benevolence requests with compassion and confidentiality.
- Members of the Benevolence Ministry will not participate in distribution decisions involving family members.
- Develop a Benevolence Request application as a vehicle to track, investigate, and process requests.
- Recommend benevolence contributions to agencies that aid (e.g., homeless shelters, food pantries, Red Cross, Salvation Army).
- Disburse benevolence funds directly to the provider or by vouchers (no cash disbursements).
- Submit an Annual Report.
SOURCE OF BENEVOLENCE FUNDS:
- Church offerings
- Special Contributions
TYPES OF ASSISTANCE:
Please see the Chairperson or one of the members for the Guidelines and Benevolence Request Form.